Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rainy Days

I hear tapping against the cold glass
As I stare aimlessly into the past
of which I knew so well
watching time past as I sat and dwelled
of the could be what if should of I?
gone is the life in just a blink of an eye

Young as I am old as I feel
waiting for the world to begin to heal
from the bruises all the hate as left
people hating people leaving this world dead
it only takes love to spread peace
only takes hope to make you believe
in a beautiful promise that tomorrow will come
in a handful of days one is the one.


Threaten by my own destruction
Losing motion in each of my functions
hanging on to what I feel is safe
what I feel is the my own little cave
a place I created to keep my secrets hidden
letting them sink through would be forbidden
so hard to show your true colors
when the world is so quick to judge
words can be sharp as knives and frail as flowers
words can stain forever and sometimes smudg
yet no matter the texture they always keep their print

as I trying to find my pen to leave my mark
as this new adventure this new dream I embark
I need not luck nor do I need faith
as I only need my heart to be unleash into this game
of life as it may be truth I will seek
One foot forward into the tomorrow I shall create on my own
going forth on this path not alone
but with soul.

No comments: