It can be exhausting, to be the one to smile
all the time.
It can be breaking, to be the one that tries to save everyone
but myself.
Oh, the world is caving in, crumbling beneath us all.
what to do.
Keeping it together in the fire of chaos, washing away hope
what do we do now
Carry the weight just for a little a while, its dust covered
by the years.
I've hung around for a while now, to try to see through the dirt
people of all colors ages and sizes crying stained by the hurt
where we all preach of better world but whose doing the part
to create a balance of dynamic where we can live in harmony
rather than in petty angry blinding us that we're enemies
believe in what you will but act in kindness
be a devil in your mind but stop contributing to this madness.
I never use to be afraid, to leave my front step
but people are killing each other.
I use to pray for the future, where would I go
now I wonder if there's tomorrow
The fire we started is growing out of hand
its out of reach and at our children's stand
We must do better
We need to better.
we can do better.
No comments:
Post a Comment