Mid way through the second month of the year and I feel more positive about what could be than last year. Even before the pandemic started. Somedays it is still hard to believe that this is the world. This is the way we are living. I never imagined that we would be in a lock down or required to wear masks. When deep in history you hear about these type of things. You see the old faded grainy black and white photos but never could you really get the sense of how serious their lives could of been. Feel the fear that lived in the people in that picture in years and years ago. The Spanish flu- you see people wearing masks but it didn't quite register how it would be, what they had to change to survive. Did life ever go back to normal? Of it the normal we all knew the reflection of change from then?
My children are young (4,2) will this be their normal? Will we ever be able to feel safe. I know that we will need to keep doing what they ask of us to help direct life back to some type of way of safe or feeling safer. I think about it often and how I long for it to all be over but I can't continue to waste time wishing. It will do me only harm as I sit and dwell in the pity.
I must take this time and see all of the good that I can do, what I am able to accomplish. Being flexible with my goals and within myself to acknowledge the change and do what I can with. Appreciate what this pandemic can give to me. There is opportunity in every circumstance and I honestly feel it is all about perspective. Even though I fall victim inside my own head most of the time. I hope that I can prove myself against this pandemic and still allow myself to create a positive change and accomplish something. Not allowing the influences of the world try to hold me back. I know that there are things that need to remain at bay and different on hold. I have a good feeling swimming inside of me. I wish I could catch it so I could understand it better. To know what path I'm really suppose to take instead of the guessing and the anxiety of trying to create this.
A positive mind can make all the different in how we react, how we work through challenges and to the goals. A positive mind can give you what you need to be successful. To give the extra boost in your drive to make it happen. To make it clearer on what needs to be done. Negativity only will hold you back from full potential.
2021, I'm coming for ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment