Wednesday, February 24, 2021

For the visionaries.

 Greetings from small town USA

It's another Wednesday in February. The year new but the circumstances stale. It seems the progression of life is a weary one. It's all an illusion that tricks up with its mirrors and tempted chaos.

Sometimes, I only feel lost in the middle of an afternoon
Where the sun settles in the same place, only to fall
Behind the shadow on the trees over the hill. 
It's only when the wind dies down,
can I really hear all the memories play around
When the days swift by, and the time feels like a blink
I lose my footing in the sand I feel it all sink
Catching up to me, losing my breath
Holding on tightly to what I have left.

I may not have said much, but I listen
Roughing our hands and minds over the fighting.
In the end is this the chapter that we skip?
Pages stuck together, I've seen this all before
Pulling the trigger from the weapon on your lips. 
It's all been done before. 

I know I can be great, I've seen in in the mirror
I can be graceful on the other side of the faded lines"
I can create peace if the monsters could disappear.
Choking and clawing behind every smile.
Linger in the sadness this could be a while..

Only sometimes do I dare to dream in the moon light
develop a plan to follow
and then, I create the bumps in the path
I'm the very destruction I preach about overcoming
I'm discreetly smitten with my own dismay
come what will and come what may. 


No comments: