Saturday, August 7, 2021

Perspection

 We don't feel the change as it sneaks it

it all feels like the same old clock ticking. 

One morning we see with new eyes

Suddenly we don't recognize

Where we are. 

Then we fight, all the demons singing 

in our ears that we won't make it out

Its hard to keep your head above water

When you're always feeling like your drowning.

There's something telling me to hold on as hard as you can

Don't look down, don't let go.

you're more capable then you know. 

Change is hard even when you do your best to try. 

but you need change to change to that butterfly

sometimes the darkness will lead us to what we were always trying to find. 

Isn't that all we need? Just a little time, just a little time.

Time. This magic antidote that will cure all the disease.

The blackness inching its way to devour me. 


Then time stopped. 

I knew that there wasn't any other way.

I needed to fight. Fight for my life. 

No more shielding my eyes, I'm ready to see

what is out there for me

It may be a little messy. I'll be bent and bruised.
I refused to be not fight for my life. 

I heard the universe whisper through the noise

to get up stand up

keep moving. 

the mountains weren't made over night. 

I'll be alright, I'll be alright, we're alright. 

No comments: