Friday, March 16, 2018

Every step counts.

Adding exercise to my life has taught me so many things.
1. Hard work does pay off

2. If its hard, its worth it. 
3.I'm strong. Mentally and physically.
4. I can do anything if I honestly put my mind to it
5. I'm unbreakable.
6. I'm human.

I'm so proud of how hard I've been working and how good I feel is a blessing in itself. I have more energy my body feels better and my mind is sharper. There's no way I can give up, I've come so far and I'm still standing at the base of the mountain. 

I was asked what my motivation was. I spent a few days thinking about my drive. The very simple answer is. Love.
Love for myself, love for my life, love for my family, my son, for my friends. Love is the strongest push we will ever experience. It's my drive for all that I do.

I will not give up, I know my biggest obstacle will be myself, and the biggest fight and battle we will have in our lives is always against ourselves. I know that I can, and I know that I will because there isn't another choice.


I was lucky enough to spend extra time with Jack this week. It's been perfect. My heart aches watching him grow, even more so that there's nothing I can do to control how fast its all happening. I sit and look at him knowing these days will just be pictures I look back on. I'll sit with tear filled eyes wishing he was small again. Then I realized, I'm living in those picture now. I'm living in those future memories every day. Instead of worrying of when I'll be sitting down looking at the pictures but enjoying living in the pictures as long as I can. 

Life is fast, but I don't need to tell you that. You already know. Sometimes I just stop and think, how did I get here? How much as changed...everything has and everything does.
The days never seem long enough, and a year is some chump change. I think I'm going to lose the virtue in time and just live. I spend so much wasted energy worrying about running out time. If I stopped believing in time then I would never run out of it right?

In a perfect world. 


I'm a helpless lost soul wandering down

a long gravel path I stumbled upon.
I use to hide in the darkness wising on stars
now that I've felt the sun, I'm going far
I've been broken and tossed aside
but that's not going to happen this time
I've  built myself up and put back the pieces
better than before, time has a way or erasing
the scars will honor my reflection
I will spit out the hate that life tries to infect in us.
I use to be broken and my mind off track
lost in the middle and no where to turn back
but I've found my vision and understand where I need to go
I'll get there when I'm ready nice and slow
It's all up to me.


I use to paint the sky with fallen showers of diamonds
that felt unpretty next to the glittering sky
I use to sit in that position tearing up myself wondering why
I never felt a place to blend in.
To be apart of it
It took many years before my heart knew
I wasn't born to be apart of the crews
I'm more than a shadow following along the pavement
I'm more than a quiet footstep against the cement
I'm a tall oak tree reaching for the sun
I'm learning to love the human I've become.


Live Freely,
Jenny

No comments: