Here I sit in my office, enjoying my Monday. The sun is spilling its light through the window, splashing its warmth on the walls. I too can feel the warmth on my skin. A living glow that gentle touches my flesh. A reminder that there's a world outside these walls. It's alive, and it continues to grow each and every single day.
I think about life a lot. Who doesn't right? But, I feel I spend most of my brain power thinking about life. Worse things to linger of course. I spend so much energy trying to understand the power of life, the meaning of it all. The answers to every little question, and I've come to realize that not every question has an answer. I worry all the time about whether I'm doing life right. Then I take a look at the things that fill my life, that make my life mine. Yeah, I'm doing it right. Bigger dreams and goals to work on next.
I know everyone worries, and things far too deep into the meaning of life, their live, the meaning and purpose of it all. I can lecture myself to let it go, move on but I know myself better and realize this is who I am, this is my brain and this is how it works. Embrace it.
So that's what I'm doing about everything that comes into my little world, my little life. Embrace it. I can't change the world but, I can leave a mark. So can you and you and you. Now to think about what mark will I leave, what mark will you leave?
I have this light inside of me that's burning brighter than it has in so long. I'm alive, and my soul is on fire. I can feel the rush of passion and inspiration speed through my veins. I have a spark that energizes the hope, the need, the dedication to the person that I'm breaking out from the cage. It's beautiful. I'm free from myself and the sense of renewal, the sense of purity that tingles over me its the greatest sense of freedom I've experienced.
So I ask, when was the last time you felt free?
I'll end with a quick poem I'll write...
How far do you have to go
to be who you are, when will you know?
How close do you need to get to hell?
before you feel heaven, how can you tell?
I've been locked in a daydream
Forgiving myself for not believing
in better days.
It's been a wild ride
but with you by my side
I can travel through the thunder
Make light of the lightening
the storm won't seem to terrifying
when I'm on the side of living.
I've hid behind the curtains for too long
Dying to dance to the inspiring song
I'm breaking from the shy shadow
Here I am for all to follow.
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment