Saturday, February 17, 2018

Florida.

I needed a few days to truly digest the horrible, horrible circumstances that happened in Florida. I can't even begin to imagine the fear in those students, the wonder if they would ever see the sky again, see their family and friends, or lay their heads in their beds again. To be in the hands of someone else has to be the most surreal experience. To wait, to sit and wait while hearing gun shots growing nearer, and hearing those blood chilling screams of your peers echo through the halls. I simply cannot imagine the haunting flashes that live with each and every student that had to experience that day.

My thoughts and love and prayers go to every single person affected in that tragic moment. I know it doesn't do much to change the world but it's what I have now. 

I also feel sorry for the shooter, before you get butt hurt hear me out. I feel sad, that this young man thought that was a good idea. That hurting people would somehow make him feel better. Think about how rotten he must of felt, or the pain from suffering from mental illness. Whatever ailed him, had gotten to the point where hurting others was the best though the had. To think of how dark and sad his mind and heart had been, its sad that anyone has to live like that. I hope he gets the punishment he deserves, and I hope he lives with the guilt and memories of that day until his very own last day. I also hope that the darkness that dwells inside turns to light and he can somehow find a way to shed good into the world before he leaves.

No matter how strict you make gun laws, there will be people who won't follow the law. People will still get their hands on guns. You're yelling over nothing. There are other issues that can be address to try to change the amount of shootings that are happening, especially in schools. I know some people don't follow the law, weird right?

There needs to be more resources available and affordable for people who suffer from mental illness. Make medical attention accessible for everyone. Even with insurance seeking professional medical help is outrageously expensive. How are people suppose to get to help if they can't afford it, able to get to it. How?! We are failing as a country. We need to DO MORE to help people instead of making laws that people will just go around anyways.


In school, the amount of bullying is heartbreaking. What's more heartbreaking is the lack of effort made by schools to control the bullying. REACH OUT! you job in a school it so help those students. I don't care if you have given every effort you possibly can for that school, you reach out harder to make sure that every student is heard. My son is 1 so thankfully I haven't had to deal with bullying or school yet. I value education more than anything but I don't value these school systems. I want to home school but that's something my husband and I will discuss later down the road. These teachers forget that they have more than just a job, they have a responsibility and such an important role in these children's life. Do  more to end bullying. When you say you'll take care of an issue, actually take care of it. I know the schools in my town could use a lot of work in  making the school safe and comfortable for everyone. The amount of  bullying and how far it exceeds in inappropriate behavior is beyond concerning.

Parents listen to your kids, talk to them... it may not change what could happen ,but you never know. Everyone deserves to be heard. Let's promote love. 


I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified to send Jack to school one day. How will I know he will be safe? How do I know the school will do their part. We just don't.

My heart is sad, and afraid. Will it ever get better?
I still remember being 9 years old and watching NickNews (News channel for children on Nickelodeon.) I remember watching about the Columbine Shooting. I was only 8 when it happened and all I could remember is not understanding why. Those things never happened and probably would never happen. I was wrong, so entirely wrong, but I'm still not understanding why. 2 months after Erik and I got married. We got up early and got dressed to head to Madison to do some shopping for Christmas. The news stopped us as we watched the news on Sandy Hook. We didn't have children then but I remember both us tearing up. How awful, how terrible, how and why? I still tear up when I think about Sandy Hook. Florida, 17 people who will never see another tomorrow, listen to the radio on their way home, hug their loved ones, feel the sun, go the beach, so many things that make up life they will never get to do.

You just never know when you'll leave this Earth. 

No comments: