Sunday, February 11, 2018

Thankful.

Sometimes, It takes looking through the looking glass of someone else life to make you realize how amazing you have it. 

Seeing, and trying to gain a perspective in the eyes of another can be difficult. The really cool thing about being human is our minds. They're all so different and captivate so many different ideals and views. There's no lines and limits to how different we all from each other.....

Yet, sometimes we fight the same battles. Life happens to all of our. Every single one of us steps into battles with different fighting strategies,different perspectives on how to make in through in one piece. Do we every come out in one piece though? Well, we sure do try like hell anyways.

Today, as my husband and son nap before we head out to see our family, and I realize I'm beyond blessed to say my husband, and my son. I was strolling through the dimensions of the web and social medias. I glanced into a life of a person I know, and my heart went into this somber ache. 

Through what I viewed, I felt the pain that conquers over her, the stain of heartbreak that only floods into everything she touches, and dreams of. I felt the struggle, the tears, and screams.

I hear you. 


And, I'm sorry that this life couldn't be kinder to you, couldn't give you a better chance. But, even so....I'm still rooting for you. 

I don't know this person well enough to reach out, even though I've known then since middle school if not longer. Strange how that is isn't? Knowing so many people, but know nothing about them other than the sneak peaks they allow us to take in through social media....Sometimes you can know so many intimate things about a person and never have met them. You see, how our culture works is so peculiar and backwards. 


As I sit here, trying to shake off the cloud of darkness that has broke itself into my home, I can't help but continue to think for this person. Wishing that that light and love would enter their home and help them. It had encouraged me to be more thankful, and to consider other perspectives.

I have so much in my life that I sometimes take for granted and, I feel most of us do. It doesn't make us shitty humans but that's just it. We're human. We are built on flaws. We create more flaws, it just what we do.
I'm incredibly lucky to be able to call myself a mother. I felt  my son grow inside of me. I felt him move and kick. I knew he was safe and healthy. Now, I can hold him in my arms, kiss his sweet face and tickle his tiny toes.


Not every woman gets to feel that, experience that. It's heartbreaking. Women who want so desperately to be mothers and never get that chance, while women who make terrible mothers pop them out like a gumball machine, its not fair. 


I'm so thankful that I have this beautiful boy in my life. The time is going by so quickly that I often spend too much time worrying about how fast its going, and how much I'll miss these days rather than enjoying it. What sense does that make!? Why can't I ever make sense? Simple answer of course, because I'm  human and we aren't programmed to make sense.


Today when I play with Jack and love him to the moon and around the planets a million times and back, I'll be even more grateful that I was given the chance at motherhood. To feel that love of this tiny person that literally makes you forget to breathe. The love so powerful it can stop your heart entirely. The greatest and more tender love it melts me body and soul. Not only will I take in every beating minute with gratitude and patience, but I will appreciate it. 


Not only was I blessed at  motherhood, but to have such an inspiring, clever, loving, sweet, and beautiful boy, well how did I ever get so lucky.

Will I have more children???? I sure hope so. But its is guaranteed? Our bodies are a wondrous thing, and tend to make up their own ways. I do pray to whatever great spirits or gods live in the heavens that we are able to add more to our family but I've been blessed so much already it almost wouldn't seem fair to hog another blessing. Here's to more love, and life, and the people that make us want to wake up every morning. Here's to taking a moment of your time and trying to see the life of another through their eyes, here's to more Wineke babies someday or maybe not. Here's to you and me and this beautiful Sunday.


Live Freely friends,
Jenny


No comments: